2016-02-11

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1636 - XKCD Stack & #1637 - Salt Mine


I was totally laying in bed, just about to fall asleep, when my eyes shot open and I thought of my poor neglected blog. Such is the eventful life of an XKCD hateblogger.

I don't understand this comic at all. Something something something code maybe? I get that it's kinda like the XKCD phone series, where it's a bunch of really shitty features, but because it's framed in this software engineering setup, I have no idea how shitty they are, except for "some piece that works so nobody asks any questions", the best part of the comic. That is a relatable thing, we all have our things like that, but the relatability isn't the focus of the whole comic, so it's alright. The worst part (that I understand) is the Minecraft reference, since Minecraft is now solidly the property of amateur Let's Play channels desperate for views.


So the joke is that they built this huge expensive thing but it was really an excuse to get free salt. To eat, without any other ingredients. 

Who the hell just eats salt? I could get behind this comic if the food they were eating was like, apples, or rock candy, but salt??? Why would anyone just eat salt!!? That's like, you're just dehydrating yourself at that point! No!!!! 

I used to have this lowkey theory that XKCD was actually a giant code on behalf of Randall Munroe, and that eventually he'd post a thing saying "I tricked you all, my comics were just shitty to fit the code and I'm actually a genius" (this would explain why a comic got uploaded two days early but was replaced with another comic and later uploaded on it's "proper" date, even though XKCDs make sense in almost any order). This comic makes me think that he's actually an alien trying to understand humans. It's like that British guy who bit into an onion like it was an apple. It's so jarring that he would think that anyone would behave like this. I made a salt sandwich when I was like, four, since I liked salt on my mashed potatoes, and then I never tried eating salt in such a minimal way again, since I am a human with human taste buds who does not enjoy the taste of unaccompanied salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment