2015-06-28

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1543 - Team Effort

Given the role they play in every process in my body, really, they deserve this award more than me. Just gotta figure out how to give it to them. Maybe I can cut it into pieces to make it easier to swallow ...

Praise Allah for ending the streak of 'could be a tweet' comics. I was totally foolish enough to think it continued it, but nope! The speech is too long to fit in twitter's 140 character limit, and he'd have to begin it with "*receiving my Oscar*" or something to that effect.

However! The art still isn't as good as it could and should be. There should definitely be a panel where she's being lowered onto the stage or whatever (I don't watch The Oscars). It'd bring us more into the The Oscars mindset, which would result in more humor when the joke hits.

I could be a jerk and say like "and let's be honest here, that joke needs all the help it can get", but it's not actually that bad. The ending "real team effort" line makes me think that Randy knows that it's essentially a "hey, science!" thing, and it brings out the absurdity of someone thanking their bacteria. It's still not a great joke (I'm aware that my saying that is even more subjective than usual) though.

I also like the use of the word "writhing". It's a really nice image.

No comments:

Post a Comment