2015-03-23

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1502 - Wasted Time

Since it sounds like your time spent typing can't possibly be less productive than your time spent not typing, have you tried typing SLOWER?

I am so confused right now. Is White Hat... not the strawman? I can't read this comic with No Hat as the intended winner of the argument. Did Randy draw the hat on the wrong person and then just not bother to fix it or something? What is the deal? As my favorite ever YouTube video title goes: "Why? :| FOZEND".

If I just pretend the hat is on the other foot here, then it is essentially exactly what we've come to expect from White Hat: strawmannery and condescension.

Have you seen some people text? Their fingers are like blurs, just ratatataying text out faster than some people can speak. I know it's possible to type something faster than a keyboard can register it, so a faster keyboard could actually be legitimately helpful.

Unlike other comics recently, I don't think the mockery comes completely out of left field, but as usual, White Hat's cloying personal atmosphere of straw makes it hard for me to enjoy it. This comic reminds me of those really stupid, generalizing tumblr posts. The focus is more on attacking the target than on making any sort of punchline.

Semi-obligatory: "I don't care how fast that keyboard is, it won't make up for all the TIME that I WASTED on XKCD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment