2015-03-14

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1498 - Terry Pratchett

 Thank you for teaching us how big our world is by sharing so many of your own.

I struggled a lot more than I usually with what to say for this one, what kinda tone to take, etc. This is something I can totally understand the motivation behind, having done a similarly lame tribute, early on in this blogs history, to Bomb the Music Industry! when they broke up. I would, however, like to point out that I also reviewed the comic in that post.

This is something that I can't blame him (at all, not even a little bit) for wanting to say, but I'm unable to help feeling like this should have been a blag post. Or, if it was still a comic, should have combined the tribute with a joke based off of Terry Pratchett's work somehow. Like, if was me tributing Mike Oldfield, maybe I'd work as many of his song titles into the review as I could or something like that, in addition to a tumblr post or whatever.

I'd like to conclude the review by acknowledging that criticizing a this comic is akin to kicking a small cat, and saying that I promised my readers I would review every comic, and I promised myself I'd always be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment