2015-03-04

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1494 - Insurance

LIFEHACKS: You can just take all the luggage off the airport conveyer belt and leave with it. They don't check that it's yours at the door!

So is this basically just #1469 but worse in every way? No background jokes, less art, and instead of Megan we have some guy with a terrible haircut. Nothing has been added. It's just insulting.

I don't get how thinking of insurance fraud before knowing it's illegal is inherent to programmers in any way. I mean, when I was like, five or so (probably not the actual age) and first learned about insurance, that was my first reaction, and I don't think I even knew what programming was then. #AboutMe

Also, if it worked, it wouldn't be a hack, it'd be a bug. A hack would be having God come in and give you free insurance. If you could undertake a certain in-game series of actions to get results not intended by the developer, that would be a bug.

[EDIT, two days later] It would be a hack in the technical meaning of the word, if not exactly in the casual sense. Thank you to Qaz Mlpok in the comments for the correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment