2015-02-27

XKCD Is A Graph - #1491 - Stories of the Past and Future

Little-known fact: The 'Dawn of Man' opening sequence in 2001 cuts away seconds before the Flinstones theme becomes recognizable.

That's a pretty dramatic title for a graph, isn't it?

Obviously it wasn't intended to be funny and therefore I can't criticize it on those grounds, but I do have a few thoughts.

It might just be that I've gotten about ten hours of sleep over the past three days, but this graph was kinda hard to read at first. There's a lot going on.

I'd also be willing to bet that this is going to end up for sale as a poster, and if we're judging it as a poster, I don't hold it in high regard. There's too much empty space on the bottom half, it looks like he just found films close to the line and didn't bother finding examples to fill it out. For example, Avatar is conspicuous by its absence, considering it's the highest grossing film of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment