2015-01-05

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1469 - UV


I kinda wish I hated this so I could use the line "The funniest thing about this comic is that its number ends in 69!". Ah well, maybe next time.

Yep, this is another page for the oft-forgotten "good comic" tag., even though the setup feels incredibly seperate from the punchline. My favorite part is the second line in panel six: "My morality has evaporated under the harsh UV light."

For some reason, the major thing my brain's decided to fixate on is panel seven. The house just looks out of scale and warped, and the fire seems kinda... amateur, maybe? Like, the fire looks like exactly like the fires I drew in grade school*. I get that it's a minimalist comic, but seriously, it looks like bad anime hair.

In my (admittedly somewhat brief) reseach for this comic, I was only able to find one picture of a toilet under ultraviolet light: linky. Is it just me or a bad picture or does that not really look that bad? I really don't think it looks like the guy's chest after the alien burst out.

By the way, Randy, that Alien line? Nice touch. An accessable reference that doesn't distract from the main joke.



*I want to make it clear: I didn't only draw fires. I mostly drew dragons, that happened to be breathing fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment