2014-09-06

XKCD Isn't Funny - #1417 - SEVEN


This is a comic that I honestly don't have much of an opinion on. It seems to me that Randy was trying to remake the old 'list something and get distracted' gag, of which I am unable to come up with a catchy or easy name for, so as a quick example:

"The seven dwarfs? Yeah, there's happy, sleepy, muddy, dizzy, smarty, moron, sexy, and rapey. Plus there's deadly in some versions."

The spin (if it was intentional) on the joke just doesn't make sense to me as a joke, and I fully admit that could just be some mental block on my part. I checked the forums, I checked explainxkcd, I just don't see what Randy was trying to accomplish with this one.

I get that all the things in the thought bubble are one of a different set of seven, I just honestly don't understand how that's funny.

Also here have a fun fact about the names of the seven dwarfs.

I know that this review is kindof a wash, so here's a question to my readers: In cases like this, when I don't have a huge amount to say about a comic, would you prefer me to
1. Not post anything, I should save it for when I've actually got something worthwhile.
2. Pad it out with talking about other things, like webcomics that aren't XKCD, my life, etc.
3. Just keep things the way they are, there's nothing wrong with having some not-as-good posts.
4. One of the above, but for a better reason than I came up with, I idiot.
5. Other (please specify): ______________________________________________.

No comments:

Post a Comment