2014-01-06

#1313 - REGEX GOLF


Sorry for the late post, Frank. My brain is still getting its crap together. Thankfully, someone on Twitter mentioned that XKCD was a thing, (thanks, @christinelove!) and thus I return. Anyway…

I have no idea what he’s doing here. However, after Friday’s actually pretty funny comic, I’d just like to do some compare and contrast between the two.


 
See, with this one, you don’t need to understand what Haskell is, aside from that it’s a computer code, which you get from “CODE WRITTEN IN…”. The joke is that Haskell sucks (like today’s XKCD, zing!) and while that’s not a particularly clever joke, it works. And best of all, even if you don’t get it, you can tell what the joke is.

Today’s comic is about something something something code. I’m sure if I know what regex golf was, I’d be rolling in the aisles. Since I don’t, I can’t even say if it’s funny or not, nevermind why.

Just as a side note to make the post a bit longer, when I was in grade school, I had a friend whose last name was pronounced the same way as “aisles” but it was spelled “Iles” or something like that, so that’s how I always expect “aisles” to be spelled.
As another side note, why wasn't today's joke about unluckiness? It's #1313!

No comments:

Post a Comment