2013-12-22

Birth


Earlier today, I remembered, apropos of nothing, that Making XKCD Slightly Worse was a thing. I looked through it a bit and one of the comics (this one) mentioned xkcd sucks. One Google later I found both xkcd sucks and XKCD-SUCKS.

XKCD-SUCKS closed down after #1305 (that was like three days ago holy crap), and xkcd sucks hasn’t updated in two months.

 

I’ve always liked the concept of regeneration in Doctor Who. It’s like a person carrying something for a while before handing it off to the next, and eventually the whole line has carried it farther than any one person could.

Maybe I’ll be a pretty good regeneration. Maybe I’ll just hold things over until someone better comes along. But xkcd is rarely funny. xkcd can be entertaining, sure, but almost only when Randall’s just telling a story. And apparently there’s a sizable enough demand for people who explain exactly where xkcd fails.

I’ll see you tomorrow for my first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment